NWIFCA is lead regulator protecting the inshore marine environment and fisheries in NW England. NWIFCA District extends from the Welsh border in the south to the Scottish border in the north and seawards out to 6 miles.
Inshore Fisheries and Conservation Advisor (Based in Carnforth)
Working in a Team of 4 under the direction of the Senior Scientist with travel throughout the District.
Inshore Fisheries and Conservation Officer (Based in Whitehaven)
Working as part of NWIFCA enforcement team both on shore and at sea under the Head of Enforcement.
The following terms apply to both posts:
- Salary Scale: £21,166 – £28,785 from 1 April 2019. Local Government Scale 11-25: Starting point according to experience rising by one point per year subject to annual assessments.
- Pension: Local government scheme (defined benefits and employer contributions).
- Hours of work: 37 hour per week with ‘flexitime’. Both posts involve working unsocial hours, including early mornings, late evenings and weekends as required by tides and survey and enforcement duties.
- Medical: Appointment for both posts is dependent on passing an ML5 Medical.
- BPSS Check: This will be carried out before appointment.
If you have any queries please email email@example.com
Click here to view the full job descriptions and to apply for these positions