This year’s Programme for Government puts health, prosperity and wellbeing at its heart, and reinforces Scotland’s place as a dynamic, open, innovative economy.
Measures that are being initiated include:
– Invest an additional £1 million to secure vital jobs in coastal communities
– Modernisation of the Scottish inshore fisheries fleet, investing a further £1.5 million in inshore technologies.
– Establishing a farmed shellfish working group.
– Supporting the sustainability of the aquaculture sector.
– Promoting the aquaculture sector as an attractive career choice, including the development of the Women in Scottish Aquaculture Initiative.
If you would like to see the full Programme and the announcement from Fergus Ewing click here