Privacy Notice for Participants in Solway Firth Partnership Activities

Thank you for supporting the Solway Firth Partnership. The EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requires us to inform you about the personal data that we collect and how we use it.

Who are we?
The Solway Firth Partnership (Company No. SC250012 Charity No. SC034376) is the Data Controller for the purpose of the GDPR.

Our Contact details are:
Solway Firth Partnership
Campbell House
Bankend Road
Dumfries DG1 4UQ
Tel: 01387 702161

What personal data is collected from activity participants?
We don’t always collect personal data from people who participate in our activities, but if we do it will usually be limited to your name, age and contact details (e.g. address, phone number, email address).

How will your personal data be used and handled?
We use your personal data to disseminate information relevant to the workshop or activity that you participated in and to keep you informed of other activities of the Solway Firth Partnership that might be of interest. We may also use this data to review the take-up of activities and share the information with our grant funders to help demonstrate the impact of grants. Paper copies of participant information are filed in our office. Participants’ personal data may also be held in electronic form and stored on Dropbox.

Why can we do this?
We rely on your consent to use your personal data in this way. You may withdraw your consent at any time by emailing When emailing, please include details of the particular activity in which you participated to help us locate and remove your data.

Other data
This Privacy Notice applies only to data collected during workshops or other activities of the Solway Firth Partnership. We may hold other data about you (if, for example, you have signed up for our eNewsletter). To see all of our Privacy Notices, visit the Privacy page on our website.

Your rights
You can ask to view the personal data we hold about you at any time. If you believe the information we process on you is incorrect you can request to have it changed or deleted. If you wish to raise a complaint on how we’ve handled your personal data, you can contact us to have the matter investigated by emailing If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data illegally you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.