Privacy Notice for Individual Members of the Solway Firth Partnership

Thank you for supporting the Solway Firth Partnership. The EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requires us to inform you about the personal data that we collect and how we use it.

Who are we?
The Solway Firth Partnership (Company No. SC250012 Charity No. SC034376) is the Data Controller for the purpose of the GDPR.

Our Contact details are:

Solway Firth Partnership
Campbell House
Bankend Road
Dumfries DG1 4UQ
Tel: 01387 702161

What personal data is collected from members?
When you apply to become a member of the Solway Firth Partnership, we ask you to provide your name, address, telephone number and email address.

How will your personal data be used and handled?
We use your personal data to manage the membership of the Solway Firth Partnership – e.g. to determine your eligibility to vote at the AGM – and may also use your contact details to keep you informed of the activities of the Solway Firth Partnership. Paper copies of membership application forms are filed in our office. Members’ personal data is also included in our membership database which is held on Dropbox.

Why can we do this?
We process the personal data of our members to further the legitimate interests of the Solway Firth Partnership – in particular to ensure the smooth running of the Partnership in accordance with our Memorandum and Articles of Association and to keep supporters informed of the activities the Partnership.

Other data
This Privacy Notice applies only to data collected for managing your membership of the Solway Firth Partnership. We may hold other data about you (if, for example, you have signed up for our eNewsletter). To see all of our Privacy Notices, visit the Privacy page on our website.

Your rights
You can ask to view the personal data we hold about you at any time. If you believe the information we process on you is incorrect you can request to have it changed or deleted. If you wish to raise a complaint on how we’ve handled your personal data, you can contact us to have the matter investigated by emailing If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data illegally you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.